ThreatPoint is a training and consulting firm that specializes in counter terrorism and intelligence for law enforcement, fusion centers, private security, and community organizations.
At ThreatPoint, we believe in advanced but practical training that enables agencies to prevent violence before it occurs. Each course we offer is specifically designed for the intended customer, which ensures applicability and usefulness. For example, our HUMINT for Law Enforcement course is one of the few in the world that is specifically tailored for the policing environment. Police agencies and fusion centers are becoming increasingly dependent on the collection of intelligence but depending solely on criminal informants is short sighted. At the same time, simply adopting the intelligence agency model is also ineffective as the methods for recruiting foreign sources do not always transcend to the domestic environment. To address this dilemma, ThreatPoint provides unparalleled training that is specifically designed for law enforcement, fusion centers, private security, and community organizations, and we apply this same standard of practicality to every course we offer.
Provide advanced and innovative training solutions that enable organizations to prevent violence before it occurs.
- Impact. Provide training and consultation services that result in the prevention of school shooters, mass attackers, cop killers, terrorists and violent extremists. As a company built by counter terrorism practitioners, we understand and focus on what matters most to all of us.
- Originality. Offer cutting-edge training solutions in the most elusive and emerging topic areas to include terrorism prevention, intelligence collection, and threat mitigation. At ThreatPoint, we pride ourselves in being in the forefront of preparing organizations for the next generation of crime and terrorism.
- Practicality. Teach and train concepts that actually work and matter. In today’s world of limited resources and complex crime problems, there is no time to waste. As such, our ThreatPoint courses are designed to be as efficient, useful, and effective as possible. Simply put, we maximize every minute of training to teach what actually works in the field.
- Expertise. Leverage the knowledge and experience of the most proficient counter terrorism and intelligence practitioners still operating today. To uphold this value, our instructors are leading experts in their fields who remain current with operational knowledge. This approach, combined with dynamic presentation skills, ensures ThreatPoint courses are engaging and relevant.
About ThreatPoint Instructors
All ThreatPoint instructors are leading experts in their fields and most are still conducting counter terrorism and intelligence operations today. This approach to teaching ensures students get the most current, applicable, and effective training on the market. At ThreatPoint, we would rather focus more on practical and proven methods taught by current practitioners than the general reminiscing and exchange of “war stories” that often accompanies some of the traditional training models.
ThreatPoint instructors represent decades of operational experience and formal education in various topics to include:
- Human Intelligence Operations
- Terrorism Investigations
- SAR Vetting and Management
- Active Shooter Investigations
- Radicalization and Violent Extremism
- Police Intelligence
- Terrorism Deterrence
- Virtual Intelligence Operations
- Social Media in Law Enforcement
- Violent Crime Reduction
ThreatPoint instructors have also collectively presented at various institutions and organizations to include:
- Rand Corporation
- Naval Postgraduate School
- Georgetown University
- Chico University
- Central Intelligence Agency
- National Security Agency
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Defense Intelligence Agency
- National Counter Terrorism Center
- Office of the Director of National Intelligence
- Major Cities Chiefs Association
- Major County Sheriff’s Association
- International Association of Chiefs of Police
Details regarding individual ThreatPoint instructors are restricted due to their current involvement in counter-terrorism or intelligence operations. However the specific identities and resumes of our instructors will be provided to registered students at the start of each course.